Here are some things to keep in mind if you get into an accident:
- First, stay calm. Accidents happen quickly and can be upsetting. Stay calm, and don’t argue with others involved in the accident.
- Prevent additional accidents. Warn oncoming traffic with a light, flag or similar device.
- Help the injured. Don’t render first aid unless you’re qualified. Call an ambulance if anyone is injured.
- Call the police. Don’t discuss what happened with anyone except the police.
- File a report. In the event that the police are unable to respond to your call, you’ll need to go to the nearest police station and file an accident report.
- Fill out the attached Accident Information form before leaving the scene of the accident.
- Alert Oakland Insurance at 248-647-2500